Always on - backlight?

on my pebble time … i dont like the whole flicking the watch to turn on the light to see the time. is there a way or an app to keep the light always on?

AFAIK there is none, it is either activated by motion or button.

Sounds like it’s possible for a Watchface to be coded to do it, it’s going to kill your battery though

https://developer.pebble.com/docs/c/User_Interface/Light/

I wrote a Pebble App a while back called “Backlight”. It allows you to have the backlight automatically turn on when you raise your arm and tilt a little toward you, then turn off again automatically after a certain time.

Incidentally, I later made a change to have it turn off immediately when tilted away from the viewing angle. I need to update the app in the Pebble store (especially before it goes away!).

If you really want the backlight on all the time, you can try my app. It does exactly what you asked for. Here’s a link: Always On

hello,
You can now adjust the backlight intensity of the Pebble Time. The chance comes after a recent firmware update bringing the smartwatch to version 3.2 of Pebble OS.

In order to adjust either setting, your Pebble Time watch will need to be updated to version 3.2. Launch the Pebble Time app on your device and it should prompt you; if not, go to Support > Update My Pebble Time.

Once updated, click the middle button on the watch, then select the Settings card. Scroll down the list until you find Display and select it with the middle button.

Two new options will be present in this list: Intensity and Timeout.

Intensity is better described as brightness, as it adjusts just how bright the backlight is when active. I found the Blinding setting to be the best out of the four options. Clicking the middle button cycles through the various settings, with the backlight adjusting along the way.Minecraft Pocket Edition Counter-Strike

Thanks Richard, it would be great if your Backlight could be added to a future Rebble OS update.

I have signed up to have my account and associated stuff moved to Rebble, so we’ll see what happens.

/raj

raj’s “Backlight”

THANKS!

I love it… No more seisure like flicks of my arm!

Yep, it started hurting my arm, shaking it like that.

Thank you for the note of appreciation! It made my day! :slight_smile:

/raj