[Android][Watchapp] Pebble Communicator (SMS) (v 1.0.0 - Released to the stores)

friguy3 said:
The app doesnt show up on my phone.

Yeah theres no gui for it and it doesn’t even show that it’s running which is really sad i was hoping this was going to work hopefully there is a fix.

There’s no GUI for this version. The next, that I will probably release tomorrow, has a GUI for Settings.

About the app running in background, it isn’t supposed to as it is a BroadcastReceiver, which means it is activated when an event is fired, in this case, a message from Pebble is received.

Still, it was supposed to work xD I’ll see if I find any bug, and you can try the new version soon.

Files updated (at the same link) and main post updated. New communicator website at http://joaopluis.pt/communicator/.

I’m waiting your feedback :slight_smile:

Its not loading my recent sms threads. starts about 6 or so down, shows 2 then skips 2 then shows another few and so on.

This looks awesome! Trying it out.

Hmmthe communicator apk force closes, but other than that I can read SMS and all that on the pebble.
Just can’t send because the apk will force close during the process.
W/ Nexus 5

@Kevin26 Can you send me the log file right after the app crashes?

Files updated (at the same link) and main post updated.

Feedback wanted! :slight_smile:

Looks great, but can I make a feature request?
I’d like 4-6 phone numbers “sticky” on the phone list (eg my wife’s home and work cellphones, etc) so that they are always available for me to send a text to.
Wil have an in-depth play with the app this weekend, thanks :slight_smile:

That sounds like a really nice idea! Next to-do feature :b

Btw, I just notice quick responses are bugeed (yay!), when you try to send one Pebble sends the next one. Will fix it as soon as I arrive home, you’ll only need to update the Pebble app (the pbw).

This app is just what I want - well done!!

I'm probably being thick here, but how to you bring up the list of quick responses on the watch, so you can send them?

AlanPreece said:
This app is just what I want - well done!!

I'm probably being thick here, but how to you bring up the list of quick responses on the watch, so you can send them?

First, thank you!

You just have to write them on the Communicator Android app and they should appear on tour Pebble, below the Type option. If they don’t, try going back to the Conversations view and open the conversation you want again.

[UPDATE] For the sake of my stupidity, I haven’t updated the app in the Public folder since the first version -.-’ Both apps are updated now - really! - and being released in both app stores.

Version 1.0.0, now on Pebble app store! :smiley:

thanks for this! how about whatsapp support? thats only thing that i miss :confused:

This is great!!! Thanks for developing. A KitKat a coming.

Question: I’ve added quick responses but I don’t know how to use them on the watch. I don’t see them on the pebble. [Edit] The showed up after a little while. Thanks.

Feature request: Auto loading of watch app when a new text comes in.

Thanks Nathan!

I’ll fix some bugs and make that feature optional, with the ability to turn it on through the Android App! :smiley:

Additionally, I’m opening a G+ community for Beta testing and mainly for discussion. If you want to join, it lives at https://plus.google.com/communities/108352896840919905369.

This isn’t working for me, when I try to go into the communicator app on my Pebble it doesn’t load anything. If the app on my phone is open it crashes

I have the Pebble app (android) installed and paired up with the watch. I have downloaded the Commiunicator app but it doesn’t appear to show up on the watch - how do you get to reply to a text message - I can see an intuitive method… help please :slight_smile: