Fix for Distorted Display / Horizontal Lines

Hey

I found this simple fix for the pebble watch having distortions in its display. From the watch-face display, Press the “Menu” Button and now you see "Notifications, Settings… ". Now simultaneously press Up and Down button. You can see that the Highlighter toggling up and down. Continue to press the button simultaneously for 3 or 4 mins. Bingo ! Your pebble is all good now.

This worked perfectly for me. Share this with your friend if this worked for you too :wink:

It… works!!! :o
Or, at least, it works for a while. I tried with an old dead Pebble. Up to now, 16 hours without lines and artifacts. Let’s see…

Great tip!, my old kickstarter Pebble have been stuffed away some time because of the distorted display. Normally it only worked as it should a couple of minutes before it became unreadable. Now is it at 12 hours and counting… Even if the problem does reappear, this little fix make the watch usable again :slight_smile:

30 hours and counting for me :smiley:
Great!

UPDATE: 48 hours… Let’s go on!

Wow… that’s great to hear

I tried it, and it seems to work…

After about 50 hours, lines and arartifacts came back. But the trick cleaned it up again. :wink:

Luis Miguel Fuentes said:
After about 36 hours, lines and arartifacts came back. But the trick cleaned it up again. ;)
oh that's great... i guess this is a much better trick than the vibe.. you can do this fix anywhere.

app allowed me to click a trash bin to remove from pebble.

Did you really mean 3 or 4 minutes? It seems to time out for me at 60 seconds and kick me out.

@Robert Perez said:
Did you really mean 3 or 4 minutes? It seems to time out for me at 60 seconds and kick me out.

depends on the distortion… more the distorior, more the time you’ve to hold the buttons.

the real fix is this http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/comment/123736/#Comment_123736

i´ve done it, and it solves the problem for good

Jeyabalaji said:
Hey

I found this simple fix for the pebble watch having distortions in its display. From the watch-face display, Press the "Menu" Button and now you see "Notifications, Settings.... ". Now simultaneously press Up and Down button. You can see that the Highlighter toggling up and down. Continue to press the button simultaneously for 3 or 4 mins. Bingo ! Your pebble is all good now.

This worked perfectly for me. Share this with your friend if this worked for you too ;)
i do the same thing when my pebble display corrupts... however you'll notice that the corruptions will happen more and more frequently, to a point where your solution is no longer a solution

frankly, i don't care to do this every time i need to peek at my watch... the whole point of pebble is to have a watchface that's on 24/7

so i did an RMA.

That´s what to do: first RMA, then, if Pebble says you can keep the old one, do the hardware fix i refered to :slight_smile:

My Pebble worked perfectly 2 weeks with this fix! Not bad :slight_smile:

This is only a temporary solution, contact support using the Pebble app on your phone to begin the RMA process. If you want to save time, include a photo of the back of your Pebble with your email address on piece of paper and your serial number clearly visible. Also include a video of the screen misbehaving.

orviwan said:
This is only a temporary solution, contact support using the Pebble app on your phone to begin the RMA process. If you want to save time, include a photo of the back of your Pebble with your email address on piece of paper and your serial number clearly visible. Also include a video of the screen misbehaving.
If you have a warranty then yes. For me, having a kickstarter editon living in Norway - this is the only solution. Doing this every second week is absolutely no problem. Luckily my Pebble Steel works perfectly.

This works for a while. This is my second Pebble with the same issue. The first was exchanged. The second one was out of warranty. They made me the ‘nice’ offer to buy a refurbished one. For 100 dollars! Nearly the same amount as I’ve paid for the new one. Seems or I’m not lucky or the Pebble isn’t that good at all.

Guys, again, if you have nothing to loose, open your Pebble and add a piece of carboard to make pressure, it solves the problem completely…i did it, and now i have 2 fully working Pebbles (i did a RMA first)

I have a kickstarter one. No screws to open the back…