[FIXED!] Pebble iOS App v2.1 from 31 March = Crashing

With all the problem people are having looks like they’ve taken the update off the iOS App Store, so would imagine they know there is a problem and so will sort it soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Will someone post when the problem get fixed.

George

Same

They got me…SUCKS !!!

Same

Steps i did to fix the problem

Delete Pebble App version 2.1 from your phone
Go to Appstore - Purchased - Not on this phone
And download Pebble App (should say v2.02)

I tested on my iPhone 5S and it worked.

Well I hope that:

a) This is sorted asap and…
b) Lessons are learned in QA so you never publish another update that fails so spectacularly in the future!

Very disappointed - second time this month that apps I like have published an update that caused it to crash immediately on updating (the other being hullomail). I like the auto update feature on iOS - please don’t make me regret keeping it switched on again!

Kyriakos Leivadas said:

And it worked, GREAT :smiley: , No thanks for Pebble, but thanks for Kyriakos Leivadas

No problem here.

Pebble has removed the app from the App Store. You’ll be now able to go under updates -> purchased and then find the Pebble app that will download the 2.0.2 version!

There was an issue with the updated app. They pulled it from the store. A new app should be available soon.

The Pebble App has been temporarily pulled due to crashing issues.

It has got me, each time I try to open the app it closes almost instantly and wont let me on to it.

The 2.0.2 trick worked for me, though I had to unload/load the apps again.

I have no problem with opening the app, but, to get weather to work again I had to unpair, factory reset and repair etc. Have you tried restarting your phone?
OK, seems that I did not update as the version currently on the app store is ver 2.01. See http://forums.getpebble.com/discussion/12296/issue-pebble-ios-app-v2-1-updated-31-mar-crashing#latest

Kyriakos Leivadas said:

Do this before your iPhone completes its next sync so the older version is still in the iCloud

Worked for me and I’m back up and running - no fear of the newer version updating as they’ve pulled it from the App store.

Had my auto update on… Now, does not work.

This discussion has been merged.