FIXED: Screen tearing: memory leaks and battery level?

so i had a case of corruption… guess the sheet of cardboard paper i used wasn’t thick enough

opened her up today and inserted an extra layer of cardboard paper, re-greased the seals, and closed her up

let’s see if that does the trick permanently…

Mine still has no problems.

CalvinLai said:
so i had a case of corruption... guess the sheet of cardboard paper i used wasn't thick enough

opened her up today and inserted an extra layer of cardboard paper, re-greased the seals, and closed her up

let's see if that does the trick permanently...
It will do nothing; in your pictures I can see that the piece of cardboard is cut around the part that sticks out of the back plate. The part that sticks out is the one which is at fault; it does not exert enough pressure on the 'thing' (with the black tape) on the other side which is presses on.

Myself I took painting tape and cut out several pieces the size of the 'black tape covered thing', and put those on top of each other. So looking at 6-8 pieces of painting tape stacked on top of each other. Needless to say it never had any problems ever since.

I'll add a picture:

Still no problems with mine…i even gave the new pebble i got from RMA to my wife and keep with the old one

Thank you Harry, you’re the man. A week ago I did exactly as you described, to my Pebble Steel, using a piece of business card. Recently I had been having the screen tearing at least once a day. For the past week, not a single problem. For anyone else, my Steel required a very small star head bit to open it. I got a kit at an electronics store and the bit is called T4.

Support was incredibly disappointing

so i still get the odd hiccup maybe once a week? not enough to bother me, but it’s probably because of what De Redder mentioned (that i reinforced the wrong part)

i’m guessing if i went and opened her up again and did it correctly, my watch will be perfect like
antonioj

Mine is still flawless. But be sure to use the silicon grease to seal it properly

hey guys, gonna be doing this soon. what part gets silicon greased? the overall seal?

In my case, I just uninstall few watchapp (left 4 watchapps). Screen back to normal for the last 24 hrs.

whyhon said:

In my case, I just uninstall few watchapp (left 4 watchapps). Screen back to normal for the last 24 hrs.

that didn't do anything for me

neither factory reset nor recovery mode fixes this problem, which means it was a hardware fault

Calvin Lai said:
whyhon said:

that didn't do anything for me

neither factory reset nor recovery mode fixes this problem, which means it was a hardware fault
Yeah. my screen still tear.

I have same problem, but more serious. My steel pebble not only tearing but also blinking/flashing every second. I open and shim it with two side adhesive tap. It seem to be OK. Many thank.

There is another solution for plastic Pebbles (including the original KS version). The problem started for me when strong sunlight heated my watch too much. The problem seems to be that the plastic case expands outward and releases the pressure required for the display connector. I turned my pebble off, then heated up the lower part of the face, Put a squeeze clamp on the lower part till it cooled and have not had a problem for the last two weeks .CAUTION!! Don’t do as I did using a heat gun. I actually burnt my display (brown spot in the middle). A blow dryer will probably do the job. I take no responsibility if you try this, but it has save my Pebble from the garbage can as it was screwing up constantly.

For those that submitted and received replacement Pebbles for this issue, did you have to send your old Pebble back?

Nope (in Europe).

Just one tip guys, when you’re trying to open your back case, watch out the vibrator (the metal circle shape thing), it might stuck on the back case instead of staying on the board, i didn’t notice that when i opened it, I open it too hard, the wire connect the vibrator on the board breaks, i try to reconnect them but it didn’t work. Now i fix the screen but i loose vibrator.

PS: Everyone, do what DeRedder said and it will fix the screen.

How to dismantle the original pebble? I can’t see any screw and doesn’t dare to force it open.

whyhon said:
How to dismantle the original pebble? I can't see any screw and doesn't dare to force it open.
Did you checkout youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmN-7V2nwlc ... didn't end well ...

I have a steel so was easy fix with a Torx screwdriver, looks like new Pebbles (non-Steel) are screwed together also http://i.imgur.com/SG5Vz3r.jpg

SteveFromReading said:
whyhon said:
How to dismantle the original pebble? I can't see any screw and doesn't dare to force it open.
Did you checkout youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmN-7V2nwlc ... didn't end well ...

I have a steel so was easy fix with a Torx screwdriver, looks like new Pebbles (non-Steel) are screwed together also http://i.imgur.com/SG5Vz3r.jpg

Thanks.. I'm having the old type original pebble (without screw). Anyway to dismantle without damaging the casing too much?

No way to dismantle old pebbles but i did find charging my old pebble through my computer rather than a wall socket stopped the tearing almost completely too.