Great Feature Idea: Mute calls from Pebble

Can calls on my iPhone be muted from my Pebble? That would be awesome!

Eugene Cline said:

Totally agree. That was one of the first things I was hoping to get in a recent update. Posted to their twitter account about the same idea right when I got my pebble. So great if you’re walking and using headphones but on a conference call.

Hope they do this!

Eugene Cline said:

How about any phone (e.g. apple, HTC, Samsung), that would be the cats meow

Why would you need to mute a call from your Pebble? I set my phone on silent/vibrate because with my Pebble I no longer need the ringer.

GBen said:
Why would you need to mute a call from your Pebble? I set my phone on silent/vibrate because with my Pebble I no longer need the ringer.

The same reason you would “need” to end/answer a call from your pebble:
Because it would be nice to be able to do.

After you mute the call, you still need to either answer or reject the call so I either answer then grab my phone or reject the call and let it go to voice mail. There are probably a lot of more usable features that can be added without wasting firmware space on something that most would not use. Just my opinion.

I apologize if I misunderstood as I took it as muting the ringer when a call comes in and yes, it would be easier to mute an in progress call from the Pebble rather than the phone.

I took it as in-call also.

Can’t you already say no to an incoming call with it?

I think I may understand @GBen's request as I mute calls on my iPhone all the time. I always felt rejecting calls can come across as rude and/or sends an obvious message you ARE aware of the call but don't want to answer it. Hitting the volume buttons on the phone quickly mutes the call and let's the call go it's natural ringing process before going to VM. This is great when I'm in meetings since on most occasions, you can clearly hear a vibrating call come through. Most people just let it keep on vibrating instead of pulling out their phone and rejecting the call. The funny part is that over half the people in my company aren't even aware the mute call feature exists.

Now though, I have to straight out reject calls since I can mute my phone quickly while still in my pocket but my Pebble still can be heard throughout the room.

Definitely interested in muting calls while in progress; I’m on a lot of conference calls where I have mute and unmute dependent on how active I am in the call and the background noise.

@whacko; I’ll submit it per your suggestion above…

@GBen said:
After you mute the call, you still need to either answer or reject the call so I either answer then grab my phone or reject the call and let it go to voice mail. There are probably a lot of more usable features that can be added without wasting firmware space on something that most would not use. Just my opinion.

Like @Jeremy8318 , I don’t like to reject calls either as it seems rude and I prefer to let the caller think I left my phone elsewhere. However, if the call was from a close friend, of course I don’t mind rejecting it as they would always understand that I was busy.

Another use case for the mute option which I frequently encounter, is when I am in a meeting and the phone rings, I immediately mute it and look at who is calling and then decide whether I want to pick it up or ignore. Sometimes I take a second or 2 to decide the importance of the call and in those 2 seconds I don’t want others in the room to be disturbed. Especially since after I take the phone out of my bag, it is ringing in full loudness as opposed to when it is ringing inside my bag.

Other then deciding on the importance, if the caller is my boss, I immediately rack my mind to think of why they are calling and these few seconds are seconds well spent. During those few seconds I don’t want to disturb others.

Old requirement, but has this been implemented? There are two different things people are talking about here:

1/ Making the phone silent when there is a call coming in. The phone will continue ringing, but you won’t hear the ring tone
2/ Muting the line on our end (mic off) while a call is already in progress

I am asking about the 2nd feature.

Seems like “Dialer for Pebble” on Android has the “mic off” capability

Well now Pebble shut down so it doesn’t really matter.