How many people have trusted their pebble to water

Shower with it twice a day, have been swimming multiple times. Also washing up in warm/hot water no problem. I would wear it in boiling hot water, but then why would I be stupid enough to put my hand in boiling hot water?

Sylar said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone shower with their pebble daily?
A shower a day is a kind of luxury in some places :smile: :smile: Yes, I shower with my pebble daily summer and winter and no problem so far.

Used my original pebble in the ocean. No problem until I pushed button in the water…:(. Buttons stopped working, next day screen became dead. Will have to contact support.

I want to start taking my pebble diving as it is the only watch I have and is good for telling time, however, when i tested its waterproofness in my sink at home, small air bubbles formed around the button when they where pressed. It did not impede the watch usage in any way shape or form, but I am worried that its seal integrity has been broken

@“Cameron Kirk” - Pebble in the support section advises that the buttons should not be pressed when the watch is under water -
http://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/1850071

I wear mine in pools, hot tubs, ocean, lakes… Still wearing my original kickstarter edition with no defects. 110% satisfied.

I’ve spent 50-100 hours in the ocean surfing with mine on, no problems. I also use mine in the pool 2-3 times a week with the swim.com app but might be a bit more careful with the pressing of buttons underwater from now on - thanks @Brad

WR does fail on some watches, rarely. A new IWC Aquatimer failed on an owner once, and that watch has 2000m WR.

When I buy a watch, I immediately test WR first. No issues so far. I’ll swim with my Pebble steel this summer. Hopefully nothing will happen…

Oh, and you shouldn’t operate buttons or crown under water, unless the watch is specifically equipped to do so. Only a handful of watches are…

I’m afraid I haven’t had quite the experience of many of the others here. I had commented before about my original Pebble Watch, which to all appearances took on water while swimming in Hawaii which was no deeper than 2 meters. Watch was, first, non-functional, as it appeared that the top button was “locked” on, and which prevented backing out to the default screen. On return to my vacation unit (where I could go to a dark room) I also found that the backlight/screen had distortions and dark areas at the screen’s edges…in fact, the left half of the screen was affected. I’ll again note that this was the first immersion of Watch, as I’ve always removed it in the past when showering, but had taken it on vacation with the confidence that it was waterproof to 5 ATM, or 50 meters.

Watch did regain function the next morning, but without further immersion was completely useless the following day. In an attempt to regain control, I found that pressing and holding all four buttons forces a reset. But then Watch wanted to update its software, but was never successful in doing so, repeating the attempt without resolution. Long story short, on my return home, I did try to use it again, only to find that the backlight no longer worked at all, and Watch was still quite useless otherwise.

So I did get a replacement. It took a while, and I had to jump through a couple of hoops to demonstrate the issue, including taking a video of the update-to-infinity issue. While I understand the need, I found the delay a bit off-putting. And so I’ve had the replacement for a couple of weeks, now, but being a bit gun-shy from my last experience, continued to remove the watch for most wet activities…until yesterday. I had to bathe my dogs, specifically, but I’ll spare you the unrelated details for that, except to say that, well, Watch is supposed to be waterproof at least for casual contact with water. Right? Well, no. I noticed last night that, while my Watch is still working, the backlight now shows that there’s been some incursion of water, as the screen has the same sort of dark areas at both the left and right sides/corners of the screen like my first Watch had. I’m not optimistic that it will continue to function given my past experience, either.

I love my Watch. I didn’t think I really needed a smartwatch, but getting one, as a gift, has changed my mind. I don’t think I want to go through this change-out again. The replacement is going into a bowl of water on receipt, and if it fails, it’s going in the trash.

Strange. I’ve bath, wash dishes, swim with mine with no issues. No doubt I only used it with swimming for 2 times so far.

I’ve never had any issues with my Pebble(original ), it gets wet regularly. I’ve worn it while swimming , doing dishes, washing the car ,never had a issue.

I haven’t had any issues with my Pebble Steel and water submersion. I’ve taken it swimming. I hang it in the shower so I can change tracks. I wear it in the hot tub. Washing hands, dishes, dogs, etc. and I’ve not had an issue with either one I’ve had.

I’ve never taken my Pebble swimming, but I’ve worn it while taking a bath and it works just fine.

My pebble watch is water proof. So, there is nothing to worry when i use to swim in my Swimming Pool. I often forget to remove my watch while swimming. But my watch is still working very good.

For me it is the idea it can withstand water, thats enough. I take it off nevertheless. My Phone is’nt waterproof anyway :slight_smile:

I have had my pebble for 18 months. I wear it in the shower daily and I am an avid boater so have had it in the water many times. I use it to change music in my boat from the water. I got out of the lake this weekend and the screen was garbled. It was just blank this AM. Since I am out of warranty I ripped it apart to check it out. Yep! Water drops under the screen. So the water proofing only lasted me less than 2 years. So my take is that the pebble is waterproof to 5ATM for a limited amount of time and then it will eventually fail. Will not be buying another since being waterproof was one of the best features. I will have to look at other options.

BobHaberkost said:
I love my Watch. I didn't think I really needed a smartwatch, but getting one, as a gift, has changed my mind. I don't think I want to go through this change-out again. The replacement is going into a bowl of water on receipt, and if it fails, it's going in the trash.
I'm still wearing it! As I said, on the arrival of my replacement Pebble, it went immediately into a glass of water for 30 minutes. I figured since my (second) defective one was still working, if the third one drowned I'd still have a working watch while changing it out (or getting a refund and quiting the whole deal). So, with that success, I switched victims, now that my old watch was expendable. Into the same glass it went. When it came up for air, it had, as with the other, taken on water, resulting in a "locked-on" lower right button. Further invasion of water was not apparentl in the backlight, but it was pretty clear that it still got wet.

Given the length of this thread, and some of the experiences related here, I'd say that there is something of a design problem. Either the watch should be able to withstand a semblance of 5ATM, or it's only "water resistant", which, given my experience, is still more than the performance I had with my second watch.

Gotten to used to having it on me,so it joined me in the shower yesterday… Still working as it should. But judging by some of the stories here I think I’ll take it off still and leave water exposure to needed only

neocaster said:
I wear mine in pools, hot tubs, ocean, lakes... Still wearing my original kickstarter edition with no defects. 110% satisfied.
ditto, so far the pebble time hasn't let me down either.

BobHaberkost said:
I love my Watch. I didn't think I really needed a smartwatch, but getting one, as a gift, has changed my mind. I don't think I want to go through this change-out again. The replacement is going into a bowl of water on receipt, and if it fails, it's going in the trash.
I'm still wearing it! As I said, on the arrival of my replacement Pebble, it went immediately into a glass of water for 30 minutes. I figured since my (second) defective one was still working, if the third one drowned I'd still have a working watch while changing it out (or getting a refund and quiting the whole deal). So, with that success, I switched victims, now that my old watch was expendable. Into the same glass it went. When it came up for air, it had, as with the other, taken on water, resulting in a "locked-on" lower right button. Further invasion of water was not apparentl in the backlight, but it was pretty clear that it still got wet.

Given the length of this thread, and some of the experiences related here, I'd say that there is something of a design problem. Either the watch should be able to withstand a semblance of 5ATM, or it's only "water resistant", which, given my experience, is still more than the performance I had with my second watch.
I've had my Pebble for a few days over three months. Had no issues with the devise whatsoever. Went to the local pool this weekend, to be honest, forgot I was even wearing the watch. Someone pointed it out asking if it could get wet. "Definitely, no problem getting the watch wet or taking it into the pool with me". Turns out I was wrong. The pool depth was less than 50 meters. Even so, I did not go to the deep end (young kids kind of prevent that). No buttons were pushed whilst in the water. Got home and the backlight screen was showing dark edges along the top and moving into the center of the screen. Navigating between screens became cumbersome, glitchy. Later in the evening, the menu screen became a series of lines. I'n in touch with Customer Support now, but as it stands, the watch is sitting in a bag of silica in hopes of drying it out. We'll see what Customer Support has to say.