How many people have trusted their pebble to water

Swam whole day in lakes and seas with no problems so far… Hope it stays the same with the Pebble time steel.

I’ve tried it. No problems there.

One of the first things I did with my Time: take a shower, hold it under water. After all it’s supposed to be water resistant. If there are any manufacturing defects … that’s what the warranty is for. So it’s better to have it tested right away and not live in fear of rain or water splashes near the sink.

as a guy swimming thousands yards in the last few weeks with PT, I can assure you the watch does have water resistance, just like it shows at the back of the watch : 30M water resistance.

My PT has condensation after using it in a bath last night not happy requested a warrenty replacement as it is less than a week old. Between this and the bezal scratches I’m not that happy tbh.

I have showered with mine daily x 2 weeks with no issues. I never take off my watches. I have no swam with it but I would imagine the watch will be fine.

lol for guys went swimming, you should know that pebble team is bluffing about water resistant, so whether you swim with it or even take a bath with it, prepare for damage, and they will just redirect you around customer service phone to indirectly let you know that they won’t replace it.

I had my watch for 5 hours and had it die while swimming (Pebble). Clearly Pebble have some manufacturing issues as I have seen quite a few examples of Pebble, Pebble Steel watches bricking in the water when the watch is advertised as being waterproof up to 5 ATM. I wish I’d noticed these posts about Pebble watches not being water proof before purchasing. A waste of time researching and money purchasing. I will definitely be warning people about the lack of water proofness of Pebble watches. I now have to work out how to get my money back! :: (

Noel Whitaker said:
I had my watch for 5 hours and had it die while swimming (Pebble). Clearly Pebble have some manufacturing issues as I have seen quite a few examples of Pebble, Pebble Steel watches bricking in the water when the watch is advertised as being waterproof up to 5 ATM. I wish I'd noticed these posts about Pebble watches not being water proof before purchasing. A waste of time researching and money purchasing. I will definitely be warning people about the lack of water proofness of Pebble watches. I now have to work out how to get my money back! :: (
It is really sad, that you got a device with a manufacturing defect. That's what the warranty is for! They will get you a replacement easily.

But please, don't forget that there are a lot of Pebble, Pebble Steel and Pebble Time devices out there. I don't know the exact numbers, but some time last year they claimed to have sold a million watches total. And some 50 thousand Pebble Time on Kickstarter (not counting Pebble Time Steel because they are not shipping yet). And of all of these watches, there are maybe a low percentage of faulty devices. Of course these people will complain and of course they will come here, to the place where they hope to find support. But it is a vocal minority, don't let that bias your perception. You just don't hear the majority of people who have no reason to complain publicly.

PT being replaced under warrenty, happy camper now just hope it doesn’t take too long

…not being funny or anything but WHY do people feel the need the wear their watches in the shower and bath and then wonder why their Pebbles have failed when they got wet?!!

Yes- the Pebbles state they are water resistant (to a certain depth) but thats TOTALLY different than putting them in the bath and shower (WITH HOT WATER)!! And you guys wonder why you have condensation inside the watch?!

Wear them for swimming if you must (thats what they’re meant for) but there is NO NEED to wear them in the shower/bath (thats NOT what they’re designed for).

And yes, I know the official “blurb” says “wear them whilst washing”, however, I think that is meant to be read as “wear them whilst washing your hands at the bathroom sink/kitchen sink and NOT to submerse them whilst showering/bathing”…

Submersing these watches in cold water is gonna be totally different to submersing them in hot water.

@“Dino Frangos” I think people have a genuine complaint here - their devices are not performing as intended. I have never had any problem with my Pebbles waterproof ability but it looks like quite a few people do. It’s one of the main selling points for me and for pebble as well - “Jump in the pool, grab a shower, or run in the rain–the Pebble Time smartwatch always has time for that.”- https://getpebble.com/pebble_time
Some people like to change their music in the shower from their watch - not sure it’s fair to criticize them for it as that is one of it’s design features unless Pebble expects people to take cold showers.

I have used my original pebble since I got it whilst in the shower to control music playback…Not a single issue. Went swimming with it…Not a single issue. Showered with my PT since I got it without a single issue too. I’ll go swimming in it this weekend too, i’m not worried. The only place I wont take it is into the sauna/steam room but that’s just common sense.

Same here. Bath, swim and all been a norm for my pebble steel. For my PT bath is norm, yet to have time to go swimming though.

I just got a Pebble Time, and one factor was because it is waterproof. I want to swim with it and use a fitness tracking app.

RobinReed said:
I just got a Pebble Time, and one factor was because it is waterproof. I want to swim with it and use a fitness tracking app.
stop day dreaming, you will just end up with a damage watch

My Pebble has started to have fading problems today. I had a leather watch band put on yesterday and I hope it’s not related to the problem. I always take a bath with it, wash dishes with it, wash my hands with it and never had a problem until today. I bought the Pebble May 10 last month. Turning it off and on helps, but the fading starts to happen when I press the middle button.

OG pebble or steel? Either way get an RMA

@AlanThum said:
OG pebble or steel? Either way get an RMA

OG Pebble

I don’t have the receipt for it so I’m sol. Has this happened to anyone else? Is my Pebble permanently damaged? Will the issue go away on its own?