How many people have trusted their pebble to water

Send email to support via the pebble app and it will pull all necessary data from the watch. They can counter reference check on the watch details and so on. I had my steel replaced due to screen issue and the watch was 5 months old and without receipt. The serial number and other details confirmed it was under warranty

I’ve had no problems with swimming or showering with my pebble steel. Have swam as deep as 10ft.

My pebble time get some water vapor inside after a shower, then I contacted the support and receive a case number # 484296 since 11 JUN

Refer to the support email replied, I want to submit further information like address, serial number and attach some photos to arrange a replacement.
However, until this moment, no one respond and help to arrange it after my submission

Anyone know hoe to contact Pebble Support directly to arrange a replacement?

@AlanThum said:
Send email to support via the pebble app and it will pull all necessary data from the watch. They can counter reference check on the watch details and so on. I had my steel replaced due to screen issue and the watch was 5 months old and without receipt. The serial number and other details confirmed it was under warranty

Just did now. Thanks for your help.

@WillieWoo said:
My pebble time get some water vapor inside after a shower, then I contacted the support and receive a case number # 484296 since 11 JUN

Refer to the support email replied, I want to submit further information like address, serial number and attach some photos to arrange a replacement.
However, until this moment, no one respond and help to arrange it after my submission

Anyone know hoe to contact Pebble Support directly to arrange a replacement?

They will contact you. Takes some time. Plus with all the rush on the kickstarter delivery they would be having their hands full. Took them 2 weeks to respond to my steel’s replacement confirmation.

Just been swimming with mine, not only survived being submerged but also whilst looking after my 2 1/2 year old grandson… :slight_smile:

I swim a couple of times a week and one reason I got the Pebble was that I could use a fitness app while I swim. Reading this thread made me wonder about something. I usually sit in a hot tub for a while after swimming. Should I take the watch off then?

I can now report that the Pebble Time survived a shower and a swim. I took it off when I was in the hot tub, though.

Mine has been working for two years now and I always shower and swim with it. I’ve yet to experience any problems.

I used my Pebble in the swimming pool an I have no issue to report! It works great!

I’ve taken the pebble down to 30 metres under water and pushed its buttons while scuba diving, and so far it is working fine. I was so happy with it that I have created the "scubawatch’ app to help scuba divers keep track of air and record the compass heading while under water. Check it out! I have had three or four dives so far, and it works fine. My only worry is about scratching the pebble while under water.

By the way, I used the original pebble, not steel or time. The new pebble time only stands 3ATM, I think, so I would be more careful with it.

@Diego said:
I’ve taken the pebble down to 30 metres under water and pushed its buttons while scuba diving, and so far it is working fine. I was so happy with it that I have created the "scubawatch’ app to help scuba divers keep track of air and record the compass heading while under water. Check it out! I have had three or four dives so far, and it works fine. My only worry is about scratching the pebble while under water.

Diego said:
By the way, I used the original pebble, not steel or time. The new pebble time only stands 3ATM, I think, so I would be more careful with it.

You'd be wrong. The old pebble was certified under ISO 2281. Since 2010 there is a newer standard ISO 22810 which the Pebble Time has been tested against. And while it now lists 30m (as opposed to 50m on the original Pebble) this new standard is more rigorous and actually means: all activities up to 30m. I'll leave the detailed explanation to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pebble/comments/30h1k1/clarification_on_the_water_resistance_rating_of/

I trusted my Pebble Time watch under water and had problems with it. After 20 minutes, it started to turn on and off while in the water. It told me I had low battery, but I know for a fact it was at 80% before getting in the pool. Then it had a frownie face appear with a message saying there was a problem. Then it powered off. I left it off for 4 days and let it sit on the charger the entire time. It eventually came back on and was in recovery mode. I can see some condensation under the glass now, so I’m sure water got in. It seems to be working as of now, but I’m sure I will have problems with it. I won’t be taking it swimming again.

DerekHymel said:
I can see some condensation under the glass now, so I'm sure water got in. It seems to be working as of now, but I'm sure I will have problems with it. I won't be taking it swimming again.
Contact Pebble, that's a defect and exactly what the warranty is for. I'm sure they'll send you a replacement.

If any watch fails due to water leaks, pebble will replace it as it is part of the water resistance ISO standard testing.

Just spent two weeks in Cyprus with my Pebble Steel. In and out of the pool, shower and sea, with no problems. I set the stopwatch app for the shortcut button and did an hour pool swim with it.

I did though buy a rubber strap before I left home. It was a standard strap which I modified with a scalpel. I think the leather strap it came with would have been a bit grim by now!

I bought an Apple watch a month ago and sent it back. I hated it. I mean, properly hated it. The lack of water resistance would have driven me nuts on holiday…I basically would have left it in the safe for two weeks.

I just came back from a camping trip with my Pebble Steel (Using with WIndows Phone), I went swimming in a Pool about 5 times, with my phone on the side of the pool, I was getting notifications under water (a max of about 10 feet down), I also put my hand in a ICE cold cooler (watch went in too) to grab a beer, many times over the last week.

The Pebble Steel survived with flying colors, no issues at all. It seems as it was before entering water. I would not worry about water and this watch again.

Has nobody tried rice? (Not that I’m saying that your Pebbles shouldn’t be waterproof, or that you shouldn’t RMA one that leaks, but I’m surprised that those of you who have had water issues haven’t at least tried the rice dry-out).

I haven’t put pebble in water because I afraid it broken.