How many people have trusted their pebble to water

Had the OG Pebble and just recently upgraded to the PT. No problems whatsoever with the PT. Went swimming in Maui,water slide with my grandaughter at Seaworld, shower with it, it’s just like my Casio Protrek.

@SuzanneSchiller said:
Has nobody tried rice? (Not that I’m saying that your Pebbles shouldn’t be waterproof, or that you shouldn’t RMA one that leaks, but I’m surprised that those of you who have had water issues haven’t at least tried the rice dry-out).

I tried rice for my xperia z1 , its not work ;(
But when i place phone on home heater for 2 days , all water from screen disappear :wink:

I often keep my Pebble when I take my showers so I can change the songs, and no problem for the moment :slight_smile:

I’d just like to say that I’ve gone swimming with my Pebble Time (about an hour of constant swimming) about 15 times or so in the last few weeks now, no issues here.

no problem swimming with my pebble time!

@btk467 said:
Used my original pebble in the ocean. No problem until I pushed button in the water…:(. Buttons stopped working, next day screen became dead. Will have to contact support.

I think Pebble watch or even G-Shock mentioned that we should not press any button when in water? I know this is old post already :wink:

Rule of thumb for watches with water resistance… DO NOT PRESS BUTTON when watch is submerged. The risk of water entering when button is pressed when submerged increases significantly.

I just came back from a week long vacation. I swam in a lake for about an hour or longer for 4 of the days. And spent an hour at a salt pool. I didn’t do any deep dives. The deepest I probably dove was about 8-10 feet, but I did a quarter-mile freestyle swim in a lake. My pebble time works perfectly fine still.

Had my original for two years, recently took it to dive at 1 ATM in a lake. Worked great! Went snorkeling in Cozumel and the seal broke on the big button before I even got to dive with it. Support sent me a new one. Best to not dive with it.

AlanThum said:
Rule of thumb for watches with water resistance... DO NOT PRESS BUTTON when watch is submerged. The risk of water entering when button is pressed when submerged increases significantly.
Agreed..last week I made the mistake of pressing and immediately saw little water bubbles coming out from the cracks. Heart stopped for a minute but luckily watch is intact

I’ve been using my kickstarter OG pebble with the swim.com app to calculate laps. It still works no problem.
I pretty much only take my watch off to charge.

My Pebble goes in water all the time. All the buttons have been pressed at some point in water… No issues yet.

I can confirm that swimming and showing are not an issue for me.

Its been ok in the shower so far :stuck_out_tongue:

while I don’t shower everyday with my PT, I do occasionally (control music playback using Music Boss being played on a bluetooth speaker), and I’ve never had any problems with it.

I left it in a glass of water once and I pressed the buttons and it still works fine xD. I’ve had that yellowy browny greeny stuff ever since I got it though :stuck_out_tongue:

@Adam Bones said:
I left it in a glass of water once and I pressed the buttons and it still works fine xD. I’ve had that yellowy browny greeny stuff ever since I got it though :stuck_out_tongue:

Pebble Steel (yellowing of the screen)? Can you RMA it?

I said in this thread or a similar one that I had no trouble after swimming with my Pebble Time. After my latest swim, though, I noticed a tiny bit of water under the glass. Sometimes it makes the watch face cloudy, sometimes it gathers in a single droplet, depending on the temperature.

Now the moisture is gone, but I’m not going to swim with the watch any more. The Misfit app didn’t track swimming very well anyway.

I did some light swimming in a pool, also fell off a rubber tube in a lazy river (pool water), and am happy to say my Pebble made it!