IOS 7 and IOS mail

Can’t seem to get email on a continuous basis on the pebble since the IOS 7 update. If I close the Pebble App and reopen it will send email for a bit then stop again. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix. Everything else seems to work fine so I don’t think it is a bluetooth issue.

same problem here

+1

I’m having the same problem. In fact, I only get call and text notifications after upgrading to iOS 7. I’ve tried many combinations of “finger dance” shutdown, factory reset, forget bluetooth device, etc., to no avail.

Same here no mail. I even get SMS and Caller ID, well the number anyway, without the Pebble App open/running. I think the App needs to be updated as I’m sure it is not a bluetooth problem and if I close and open the App it will work for maybe ten minutes then stop again.

FelixGarcia said:
Same here no mail. I even get SMS and Caller ID, well the number anyway, without the Pebble App open/running. I think the App needs to be updated as I'm sure it is not a bluetooth problem and if I close and open the App it will work for maybe ten minutes then stop again.

Seems like IOS 7 is operating no differently thenIOS 6, that’s why I never rush a firmware update, if your Iphone was Jailbroken and you updated to IOS 7 then it’s a big mistake if you wanted all the functions working properly on your pebble. I’ll go IO7 when JB is out for it

I’ve found iOS 7 no different to 6 as far as pebble functions work. I’m not having problems with pebble app, it works just as before - keeps running and working indefinitely.

to get my mail working again, I had to un pair and re pair.

Seems that email only works when pebble app is brought to the foreground. Then I get email. Do not with app running in background. This behavior started with ios7 ( i have iphone 4).

I don’t get exchange emails at all anymore finger dance or not.

Cohibaman said:
Seems that email only works when pebble app is brought to the foreground. Then I get email. Do not with app running in background. This behavior started with ios7 ( i have iphone 4).

I have the same issue (also have iPhone4 and issue only appeared once I upgraded to iOS7).

I now only get texts and phone calls.

SmartWatch Pro for example only works for moments after I open the app; once I turn off the screen it doesn’t maintain the connection anymore.

Mine is a bit more bizarre. I won’t get any email alerts for a long time, then (with no action on my part), they will start coming in, and then just as mysteriously stop again. It’s kinda like a volcano, spewing for a while and then going quiet for a long period of time. :slight_smile:

I haven’t found a clear pattern, but generally notifications are more reliable and more stable without the pebble app running. Best of all is to delete the app altogether.

I am using pebble with an iphone 5 updated to ios 7.0.2. I get full notifications without using the app. Once connected to the pebble I go into its setting and enable show notifications (on the phone), then all all i do is go to the notification center go into the apps I want to notifications to show up for and turn off and then on the show on lockscreen option. From there on I get any notification. So far I use it for the default mail client, skype, whatsapp, phone and texting so far with no problems. If for some reason pebble breaks the connection with the phone due to the phone not being in range or something similar, you will have to repeat the whole thing again. Once again please note that this is without the pebble app, if the pebble app is installed and running it doesn’t work.

NealPanam said:
I am using pebble with an iphone 5 updated to ios 7.0.2. I get full notifications without using the app. Once connected to the pebble I go into its setting and enable show notifications (on the phone), then all all i do is go to the notification center go into the apps I want to notifications to show up for and turn off and then on the show on lockscreen option. From there on I get any notification. So far I use it for the default mail client, skype, whatsapp, phone and texting so far with no problems. If for some reason pebble breaks the connection with the phone due to the phone not being in range or something similar, you will have to repeat the whole thing again. Once again please note that this is without the pebble app, if the pebble app is installed and running it doesn't work.

thats the finger dance and it has been a known work around since the pebble was released.