So, following Pebble’s demise I have been following the smartwatch market with an eye to seeing what I’d replace my Pebble Time with if it was to die. I’m still not sure what I’d do. What’s the consensus on the best replacement?
I have the following requirements:
- Great battery life - I easily get four or more days from my Pebble Time
- Start, stop and see stats for RunKeeper on my wrist
- Control music (iPhone music app and Spotify)
- See notifications (txt, iMessage, email)
- Not too expensive - Pebble’s sub-$200 price was great. For something that gets a little battered around, $200+ is a little bit too much for my liking
I don’t necessarily need things like heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, touchscreen, dictation, music storage, GPS, LTE, etc., especially if they have a big negative impact on battery life.
Apple Watch and Fitbit Ionic seem to both give me 3 of my 5 requirements, but nothing seems to meet all 5…