Missing SMS - Android

Hi,

I just got my Pebble today…was going ok.
But I got a notification telling me there was an SMS from somebody. But the phone it’s self never registered the fact and I can’t find it in the Messaging App?
It could be a that there is a bug with the Phone’s sms code that has been silently deleting messages for a ages or something else :slight_smile:

Galaxy S3, 4.1.2

Thanks

Hi!

I ran into this issue recently too, and started looking for a solution. What I found is an app called Ghostly SMS, that “calls dibs” on every incoming message before it has the chance of being processed (and lost) by any other apps (like Pebble, Facebook Messenger, or any other 3rd party messaging app). You can find the details (and the download link) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1028460
Disclaimer: I only installed this application a few minutes ago, so I can’t vouch for its usefulness.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I received my pebble friday to use with my galaxy s 3 and have had about 5 messages “go missing”. I read them on my pebble then cannot find them in my phone. Its extremely frustrating.

zumafsod said:
Can anyone shed some light on this? I received my pebble friday to use with my galaxy s 3 and have had about 5 messages "go missing". I read them on my pebble then cannot find them in my phone. Its extremely frustrating.

Were they truly new messages that you saw on the Pebble? ie, not ones that you’ve seen before?
What are you using as an SMS client on your phone?
Do you have any 3rd party Pebble apps installed on the PHONE, like Notification Center or Notifier?
It’s very possible you have a corrupt or out of order SMS database. Try an app like this to resolve that:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mattprecious.smsfix

Protonus said:
zumafsod said:
Can anyone shed some light on this? I received my pebble friday to use with my galaxy s 3 and have had about 5 messages "go missing". I read them on my pebble then cannot find them in my phone. Its extremely frustrating.

Were they truly new messages that you saw on the Pebble? ie, not ones that you’ve seen before?
What are you using as an SMS client on your phone?
Do you have any 3rd party Pebble apps installed on the PHONE, like Notification Center or Notifier?
It’s very possible you have a corrupt or out of order SMS database. Try an app like this to resolve that:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mattprecious.smsfix

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im 100% they were new messages, which then disappeared.

I use the stock Touchwiz/samsung sms app. I did have glance, pebble locker and pebble notifier on my phone/pebble. I have removed these to see if anything changes. I also installed ghostly as recommended above. Hopefully it stops the problem.

I run all those same apps actually and have not had this issue, though I use Handcent for SMS (which uses the stock android SMS database). You might try Handcent, or another similar SMS app that uses stock SMS database (Hangouts by Google also now does SMS), to see if theys how the message. Might be a bug with read messages in the touchwize app (ewwwww)

Also what version of Android are you on? Can you get on 4.3 or 4.4 thru aftermarket ROM’s?

MY RESOLUTION:

I had the same issue, and found (like ZovitsAdam) that another App was intercepting messages and not letting the default Android SMS app handle them. (In my case, it was AT&T Messaging). Once I told the AT&T app to stop notifying me, the default SMS app DID send the message to my Pebble.

Samsung G3, Android 4.1.2

If you cannot fix that bug, you can try to restore messages with Myjad Android SMS Recovery.
Here is what it will do for recovery:
- Directly recover deleted SMS text messages from Android devices.
- Retrieve lost messages for various reasons: restoring factory settings, deleting, rooting, etc.
- Recover SMS stored in SD cards inside Android devices.
- Preview & selectively recover message contents.
- Support multiple Android phones and tablets include Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, Motorola and more.
- Risk-free, read and recover only,no leaking for the confidential messages.

Android sms recovery software can help you restore the lost sms.

How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android

If you have backup, you can restore the deleted android text message from backup files.
Or use some android recovery software, like Vibosoft Android sms+contact recovery.
How to recover android misssing text message ?

If you lost your sms, first, you can go to the contact in your contact book press the menu button and then hit history and all your deleted messages and threads should be there. Then you can try the software recommended.

As for me, I used Coolmutser Samsung Data Recovery to recover phone data .It is capable of recovering messages, contacts, photos and video from galaxy/note. Due to the ease-to-use interface,so recover data for delete or format the SD card, restoring factory settings, etc from Android.

http://www.samsung-messages-backup.com/resources/recover-deleted-files-from-android-phone.html

As for me, I used Coolmutser Samsung Data Recovery to recover phone data .It is capable of recovering messages, contacts, photos and video from galaxy/note. Due to the ease-to-use interface,so recover data for delete or format the SD card, restoring factory settings, etc from Android.
Android SMS Messages Recovery

How to get lost /deleted data back .One of the best and fastest way to start your android device into recovery mode. If you lost data contacts/messages on android internal memory .When you need to recover ,you have to root your android device.
http://www.coolmuster.com/android-sms-contacts-recovery.html

I too faced this situation when I deleted my messages accidentally. For searching the missing sms, I think Android SMS Recovery is a must to recover my data but it needs to enable debugging mode on the device. After allowing debugging mode, go to scan out missing SMS on Android so that you could regain the data back. Good Luck! :slight_smile:
http://www.android-recovery.net/undelete-sms-on-android.html

I encounter the same problem with you,but i have completed regain back missing messages on Android phone ,
If you need some suggest about how to restore messages back ,
Click it ;How to get back missing messages on Android phone

Here is a tool that you can restore text messages from Android:
https://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/how-to-recover-deleted-messages-android-phone.html

Hi, after your SMS get lost on Android, please don’t use your phone to send or receive messages anymore.
Then you can follow this guide: how to recover deleted text messages on Android

According to the steps mentioned to get back your SMS.
Hope it helps.

If your sms stored on sim card just use SIM Manager app. Here is the guide on how to retrieve deleted sms from the phone.