Hello everybody. I just managed to generate font bundles as Pebble's native language packs.
Here are plain font-only lang packs:
These language packs can be installed to both 2.x and 3.x firmwares, i.e. they support all existing variations of Pebble: Classic, Steel, Time, Time Steel. They can be installed on top of any firmware, be it official or custom one. This should reveal possibility to have support for multiple languages at the same time beyond limit of characters in the font.
How to install language pack (for Android):
- Download language pack to your phone, e.g. to SD card
- Navigate to that file using file manager (not all filemanagers allow passing file to Pebble, personally I use «File Manager by Cheetah Mobile» which definitely works).
- Click the file
- When asked how to open this file, select «Text file»
- When asked which program to use for this file, choose «Pebble Time» (or «Pebble» if you have classic Pebble).
- Watch installation progress. Done!
This manual should work for firmware bundles as well.
I couldn't write such manual for iOS because I don't use it.
Bonus: (semi-)translated language pack for Russian language
, Cyrillic fonts included! Not all strings could be translated though because of Pebble's fault - they didn't support translation for e.g. menu items (Alarms, Notifications, etc).
Translations are taken from this https://poeditor.com/projects/view?id=13860
" href="https://poeditor.com/projects/view?id=13860" target="blank" rel="nofollow">POEditor project and somewhat extended. If you want me to add your language, translate it @ POEditor and ping me.