Servers still alive?

Hi there, yesterday was armaggedon day according to fitbit plan. I switched to Rebble yesterday to show support to developper but, is there live here or on official servers ?

Hey, I tried making a new account for this forum. But I havent got any confirmation email from the pebble servers. “The server cannot be found” this is being promted again and again. Are the servers still alive. Please work on it @pebble.

I got a new phone July 1 (good timing) and couldn’t get my Pebble connected. Seems the servers are down. But I followed the directions in this blog post and everything is working now through Rebble.io services.

i’ve had zero issues with my pebble. i migrated my account mid june and the transition was seamless. i dont use voice dictation so i couldnt comment on that but all of my faces are available, the weather app works as does the timeline.

Although I created a Rebble account I have yet to migrate any of my services over to it. And everything seems to be working as it always had. I’m confused but happy.

I received a Google Play Store Pebble update that, I believe, has Rebble taking care of everything. My Pebble Time Steel is still working perfectly. I absolutely love this watch. Best ever.

Yeah, I’m a bit confused too. I tried earlier in June to create a Rebble account but the servers were down. And then I forgot. So I didn’t create a Rebble account until today and haven’t yet moved over. And yet, everything is working fine.

Have I missed the boat for moving my account over or is something else going on in the background that’s still allowing everything to work properly for me.

Have I missed the boat for moving my account over or is something else going on in the background that’s still allowing everything to work properly for me.

Sorry, you’ve missed the boat to transfer your account information from Pebble to Rebble:

However, you can still just create a new Rebble account, you just won’t have automatic install of the watchapps/watchfaces you are currently using; you’ll have to manually reinstall them. If you paid for an app (such as with Kiezelpay), you may have to repurchase it (though they may have a way around that, I’m not sure).

Also, if you are a developer, you won’t have control over your apps on the Rebble app store.

If you paid for an app (such as with Kiezelpay), you may have to repurchase it (though they may have a way around that, I’m not sure).

KiezelPay watchfaces can be reclaimed pretty trivially — just go to https://k-pay.io/code/unlock

Thanks for everybody’s answers. As a personal rule (and after a lifetime of technology, I no longer heavily configure anything I own). So it sounds like I haven’t actually lost all that much. I’ll just quickly jot down the 5-6 watchfaces I use and switch. Sounds like it’s been a pretty positive experience for everybody.

So - do we need the Rebble servers to get weather data? I’m still getting weather data and haven’t switched yet.

Same for me! was about to switch over to Rebble but everything as I can see works fine with Pebble os, Calendar with notifications, weather data updates etc… How is that possible?

While the announced shutdown date has passed, current thought is that this means the servers could be shut off at any moment, without notice. Once they do, some of those things will stop working, so migrating ahead of time would be a good idea, especially since (if I’m not mistaken) migrating after the shutdown means losing your watchfaces, apps and associated data.

I’m a little confused, too. I did sign up at Rebble but I’m not sure if I’ve migrated or not. However, as everything is working normally, including voice texting, I’m not too bothered at the moment if I’ve missed a step.

Well it’s been a bit and things still going good so far. :+1:

I was expecting to have to tinker a bit with my Pebble Time Steel after the servers shut down, but everything is working normally. There was an update from the Google Play Store and that was it. My Pebble Time Steel is like a wristwatch Mercedes-Benz. It works beautifully well. I’m very, very thankful to assemblers and programmers of this awesome watch.