Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

Firmware 3.8 is out! :smiley:

@“Greg Banta” any info if this one requires an update to PWP or can we update our watches?

Firmware 3.8 will need a big update to PWP. Not sure when I will get it done. Will update this forum when I do.

Adaptan Google Play a Windows 10 Mobile para instalar apps Android en el sistema de Microsoft - See more at: http://www.movilzona.es/2015/08/14/adaptan-google-play-a-windows-10-mobile-para-instalar-apps-android-en-el-sistema-de-microsoft/#sthash.VsTFsHhO.dpuf

Funcionaria la app de pebble?

@"Juan Carcelén " I think project astoria was been stoped…

Any news @“Greg Banta” ?

Adaptan Google Play a Windows 10 Mobile para instalar apps Android en el sistema de Microsoft - See more at: http://www.movilzona.es/2015/08/14/adaptan-google-play-a-windows-10-mobile-para-instalar-apps-android-en-el-sistema-de-microsoft/#sthash.VsTFsHhO.dpuf

Funcionaria la app de pebble?

Esto no funciona en las builds actuales de Windows 10.

Latest update for Pebble Watch Pro.

Firmware 3.7/3.8 is now available to install for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round directly from PWP.

Getting the 3.x firmware working for the Original Pebble/Pebble Steel is very challenging and I have been working on this since it was released. The problem is that the firmware requires two installation packages. The first package reformats the storage on the Pebble and installs a new version of 3.x recovery firmware. After that completes, you need to install the second firmware package which includes the actual 3.8 firmware with the Timeline functionality and all the blob databases required for the 3.8 firmware to keep track of Timeline entries and WatchFaces/WatchApps installed on the Pebble.

Currently after I install the first 3.8 firmware package I can't get the second 3.8 firmware package to install. On top of that once I install the first 3.8 firmware package, I can't get the older 2.9.1 firmware package to install.

Once I get the second package to install using an Android device and the Official Pebble Time app, all the notifications, app installs, Timeline updates and even firmware updates work OK from PWP.

What I don't want to do is require users to use an Android device to update the firmware on the Pebble. I want it to work so that the complete install can be done from PWP. I also want the user to have the ability to drop back to the 2.9.1 firmware if they want to. This is important because the Microsoft Pebble Beta app does not work with the 3.x Pebble firmware and I think once a lot of users realize this they will want to drop back to the 2.9.1 firmware.

Since all of my time has been working on getting the 3.8 firmware to work with the Original Pebble/Pebble Steel, I have not had any time to work on an app that can run in the background and provide all the notifications people want on the 3.x firmware.

So that is the current state of things right now.

@“Greg Banta” thanks for the update, looking forward to trying out pebble health.

I think your priorities are good, as keeping up to date is more importnt than adding new features.

Do you support firmware 3.8.2? As far as I saw that’s the latest one for pt/pts…

@Rehban - Right now I think Pebble Health requires the official Pebble Time App on Android or IOS to work. I haven't looked into what it would take to support Pebble Health in PWP.

I have uploaded Pebble Firmware 3.8.2 for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. Other than loading this firmware on one watch, I have not tested it.

I have made progress since my last post with the 3.8 firmware for Original Pebble and Pebble Steel. At this point I can get the second part of the 3.8 firmware to load "most" of the time on the V3R1 Original Pebble. (Sniffing Bluetooth packets and decoding them takes a lot of time....)

I need to do a lot more work and testing including making sure the Pebble can downgrade to the 2.9.1 firmware.

@"Greg Banta" I assumed it works like the stopwatch or the timer, which are standalone watchapps that are installed automatically by the Android / iOS apps. They work without any connection to the official app once installed.

I'll be able to confirm if this assumption is true when I have access to my Android phone again in about 2 weeks. If it is, I suggest installing these watchapps alongside the firmware update if that's possible.

Thanks again for your work! :smile:

Is there any way to install watchfaces made using the Watchface Generator using PWP?

@Greg Banta: I’ve bought today your pebble watch pro App.

I have a pebble classic with the firmware 3.8. It works so far good.
But I have a question. It would be very good for me to get Apps from a pebble Site. You have the possibility to insert an URL to get a pebble app but I found no web page in the internet.

Do you or everybody else have an URL that works?

Thanks in advance
:slight_smile:

HemiRobo said:
Is there any way to install watchfaces made using the Watchface Generator using PWP?

You can install a Watchface Generator watchface using the URL install in Pebble Watch Pro.

1) Create the watchface in the browser on your phone.
2) Click "Generate Watchface".
3) You will see a download link for your created watchface. Click that link.
4) Press and hold the "Download" button and select "Copy Link".
5) Start Pebble Watch Pro.
6) Select the second icon in the task bar.
7) Slide over until you see "url install".
8) Press and hold the large URL text box.
9) When the paste icon shows up click that.
10) Click Watch App Download and just follow the prompts.

I think the Watchface Generator still only generates for 2.x firmware on the Original Pebble and Pebble Steel so if you have a Pebble Time or any Pebble with the 3.x firmware, it may not work.

Good luck!

StephanR said:
@Greg Banta: I've bought today your pebble watch pro App.

I have a pebble classic with the firmware 3.8. It works so far good.
But I have a question. It would be very good for me to get Apps from a pebble Site. You have the possibility to insert an URL to get a pebble app but I found no web page in the internet.

Do you or everybody else have an URL that works?

Thanks in advance
:-)
You are a little too soon. The current version of Pebble Watch Pro cannot install a 3.x watchface on an Original Pebble or Pebble Steel. I just today submitted an update to Pebble Watch Pro that supports the 3.8 firmware for the Original Pebble or Pebble Steel. The new version will probably take a week to get approved by Microsoft. I will update this thread as soon as I hear something. More notes in the next comment.

@Greg Banta said:

You can install a Watchface Generator watchface using the URL install in Pebble Watch Pro.

I think the Watchface Generator still only generates for 2.x firmware on the Original Pebble and Pebble Steel so if you have a Pebble Time or any Pebble with the 3.x firmware, it may not work.

Good luck!

Thanks! Currently the generator has a beta for making colour watchfaces for the Pebble Time and it works for my watch. Thanks for explaining how to add the face!

EDIT - I have no idea what happened to the quote. Tried cutting out the middle and it doesn’t seem to want to format.

Latest update for Pebble Watch Pro:

I just submitted an update to Pebble Watch Pro that supports the 3.x firmware for the Original Pebble and the Pebble Steel. This version will provide a way for these users to install the 3.x Recovery Firmware which Is required to install the new 3.8.x firmware. So first you will need to install the V3 Recovery Firmware. After your Pebble reboots you can then install the 3.8.x firmware on your Pebble. Be aware that you will have to forget then pair the Bluetooth on your phone at least once in this process.

The biggest feature of the new firmware is the Timeline. Pebble Watch Pro allows the new 3.8.x users to see their calendar on the Timeline and optionally display the weather forecasts up to 4 times a day for the next couple of days. The Timeline is updated 90 seconds after PWP is started.

The Microsoft Beta Notifications app will not work with the 3.x firmware so if you use that app, you may want to NOT upgrade your Pebble to the new 3.8.x firmware. The good news is that PWP does provide a way to downgrade from the 3.8.x firmware back to the 2.9.1 firmware. You will need to forget then pair the Bluetooth and the process is not super smooth but it does work. After you do the upgrade or downgrade. Pay attention to the prompts in PWP when downgrading one will come-up 30 seconds after your start PWP that tells you how to finalize the install.

Also added to this version is the ability to install firmware on an Original Pebble or Pebble Steel that is new or in Recovery Mode. These users will no longer need to do the initial install using an Android or IOS device. They also will not need to use an Android or IOS device if their device goes into Recovery Mode. If you do get stuck you can always use the Official Pebble App on Android or IOS. If you do this, for the 3.8.x firmware your need to use the Official Pebble Time app, for the 2.x.x firmware you need to use the Official Pebble app.

Be aware that if your Pebble goes into Recovery Mode AFTER you install the V3 Recovery Firmware, you will need to install the 3.8.x firmware and then you can downgrade to 2.9.1 from the 3.8.x. You cannot go straight from the V3 Recovery Firmware to the 2.9.1 firmware.

There were also several minor bug fixes for all Pebble users. PWP will now warn a user that they are paired with the Pebble LE connection which will not work with PWP. I think most users who can't get the PWP to work at all are pairing their phone with the Pebble LE connection and not the non-LE Bluetooth connection.

Since MS mostly shuts down the last 2 weeks of the year, I am not sure what the backlog will be for app approval but I will update this thread when I hear something. Also, I will not add the new 3.x.x firmware options to the firmware install screen until after the new update is approved.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know!

Hey,
thanks alot for this update. Cannot wait to see it in store. What do you plan next? :slight_smile:

Hi! @"Greg Banta" thanks for your update!

The most important thing I want to see are the background notifications working. Any update about this?

Thanks!

@matis
@Cristiano:

I wish I could have spent the last half of December working on something new but when Pebble released the new 3.8 firmware for the Original Pebble and Pebble Steel, that had to take priority. I got several emails from anxious existing users about the 3.8 upgrade. Several users already had updated their Pebbles to the new firmware using the IOS and Android apps so they were mostly non-functional.

I hope to get started on the background notifications in January but I have no idea how long that will take.

Hi Greg! Buy your application PWP a few days ago, but still not achieving operating properly.It is because it does not support Windows 10, right? I have a Lumia 950 XL, and received a pebble at Christmas. I’ll wait for an update to not sell my Pebble.

Thanks for your work.

Can the Pebble Time downgrade in order to use the Beta Notifications app or can the Time only use 3.x firmware?