Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

Felipe Sanhueza said:
Hi Greg! Buy your application PWP a few days ago, but still not achieving operating properly.It is because it does not support Windows 10, right? I have a Lumia 950 XL, and received a pebble at Christmas. I'll wait for an update to not sell my Pebble.

Thanks for your work.

Hi Felipe,

PWP supports Windows 10 Mobile. Which Pebble watch do you have and which version of firmware is currently running on it. You can see this in Settings, System, Information. I can give you more information after I know that.

HemiRobo said:
Can the Pebble Time downgrade in order to use the Beta Notifications app or can the Time only use 3.x firmware?

Unfortunately no. The Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round started as firmware 3.x watches so the 2.x firmware was never created by Pebble for them.

@Greg Banta said:
StephanR said:

@Greg Banta: I’ve bought today your pebble watch pro App.

I have a pebble classic with the firmware 3.8. It works so far good.

But I have a question. It would be very good for me to get Apps from a pebble Site. You have the possibility to insert an URL to get a pebble app but I found no web page in the internet.

Do you or everybody else have an URL that works?

Thanks in advance

:slight_smile:

You are a little too soon. The current version of Pebble Watch Pro cannot install a 3.x watchface on an Original Pebble or Pebble Steel. I just today submitted an update to Pebble Watch Pro that supports the 3.8 firmware for the Original Pebble or Pebble Steel. The new version will probably take a week to get approved by Microsoft. I will update this thread as soon as I hear something. More notes in the next comment.

That sounds good.

Thanks a lot.
:wink:

H Greg,

I just tried to make a watch face with your guide of the watch face generator.
FYI
It works with a pebble classic with the SW version 3.8.2.

Best regards

Stephan.
btw it wasn’t possible for me to vote for you on the MS Page URL. I got the error message “access denied”

@StephanR - I had most of the code in the previous release of PWP for the 3.8 upgrade but that did not include working code for the 3.8 Recovery and the 3.8.1 Firmware install. But I am glad it worked for you. I will have to update the link to rate the app but you can still rate the app by searching for Pebble Watch Pro in the Windows Store on your phone and rateing it there.

Latest update for Pebble Watch Pro,,,

Microsoft notified me that the new update to PWP was approved and they will be rolling it out over the next 16 hours. However, I will not upload the new firmware for download until I am sure the app update is rolled out to everyone. If someone tries to install the updated firmware before they have the new app installed it could cause a problem on their Pebble. So I will probably upload the new firmware tomorrow about this time.

@Greg Banta said:
Felipe Sanhueza said:

Hi Greg! Buy your application PWP a few days ago, but still not achieving operating properly.It is because it does not support Windows 10, right? I have a Lumia 950 XL, and received a pebble at Christmas. I’ll wait for an update to not sell my Pebble.

Thanks for your work.

Hi Felipe,

PWP supports Windows 10 Mobile. Which Pebble watch do you have and which version of firmware is currently running on it. You can see this in Settings, System, Information. I can give you more information after I know that.

Greg, i got a Pebble Time Steel 4C45 version 3.0.3-prf,

Great Grag, now I can use the new firmware, pwp doesn’t see the apps on your pebble mine so I can’t uninstall them

I received some emails this morning from PWP users who got the update so I uploaded the new Recovery Firmware 3.8.0, Firmware 3.8.0 and Firmware 3.8.2. All the firmware is for the Original Pebble and Pebble Steel. Firmware is available for the following Pebble hardware: 102V, V2R2, V3R1, V3R2 and V3R3.

If anybody has a problem, let me know. (Remember, I didn't create the firmware)

Rodolfo said:
Great Grag, now I can use the new firmware, pwp doesn't see the apps on your pebble mine so I can't uninstall them

The old 2.x.x Pebble firmware had a way to provide a listing of the watchfaces and watchapps on your watch that PWP could display. For the new 3.x.x Pebble firmware, Pebble did not provide a way to get a listing of what is installed on the watch. PWP will only know about the watchfaces and watchapps that it installs.

If you installed watchfaces or watchapps from the Official Pebble Time App, PWP will not know about them at all. Pebble stores what has been installed in the locker in the Official Pebble Time app which PWP does not have access to.

If you want to remove all the watchfaces and watchapps from your Pebble and start over, there is an button in the Remove section of PWP. Below all the slots there is now a button called "Remove All Pebble Apps". This button will remove all the apps installed by PWP and also remove all the apps that may have been installed by the official app. This is the way PWP has been working for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. I think this will answer your question.

Felipe Sanhueza said:
> Felipe Sanhueza said:

Hi Greg! Buy your application PWP a few days ago, but still not achieving operating properly.It is because it does not support Windows 10, right? I have a Lumia 950 XL, and received a pebble at Christmas. I’ll wait for an update to not sell my Pebble.

Greg, i got a Pebble Time Steel 4C45 version 3.0.3-prf,

I thought maybe you had an Original Pebble or Pebble Steel and had problems with them waiting for the latest update.

PWP does work on Windows 10 mobile. It only works while it is the foreground app. It will not work if it is not in the foreground. When in the foreground, you can install firmware updates, install watchapps, remove watchapps, you can control the music player on your phone, you can get notifications for calendar events, twitter tweets and DMs from your twitter account, your can get weather notifications, network notifications when you lose all access to the data network, battery notifications when your phone's battery drops below 50%. PWP will also update the Timeline on your watch after the first 90 seconds now.

Pebble apps that require JavaScript, or companion apps on IOS or Android will not work correctly because PWP is not allowed to run the JavaScript and obviously does not run the IOS or Android companion apps.

If you are asking about PWP running in the background or phone call, SMS, email notifications etc, PWP can not do that. I am going to be working on an app that can do those things but nothing right now.

If this does not answer your question, let me know.

@Greg Banta said:
Rodolfo said:

Great Grag, now I can use the new firmware, pwp doesn’t see the apps on your pebble mine so I can’t uninstall them

The old 2.x.x Pebble firmware had a way to provide a listing of the watchfaces and watchapps on your watch that PWP could display. For the new 3.x.x Pebble firmware, Pebble did not provide a way to get a listing of what is installed on the watch. PWP will only know about the watchfaces and watchapps that it installs.

If you installed watchfaces or watchapps from the Official Pebble Time App, PWP will not know about them at all. Pebble stores what has been installed in the locker in the Official Pebble Time app which PWP does not have access to.

If you want to remove all the watchfaces and watchapps from your Pebble and start over, there is an button in the Remove section of PWP. Below all the slots there is now a button called “Remove All Pebble Apps”. This button will remove all the apps installed by PWP and also remove all the apps that may have been installed by the official app. This is the way PWP has been working for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. I think this will answer your question.

@"Greg Banta" Updated to 3.8.2 without a hitch, thanks for the update!

I also checked if health would work, and it does - once the setup is completed with the official pebble app (in my case on Android), it can be used as a standalone app.
So if there's any way for you to do the setup through PWP the app may actually be used, though I guess the data won't be sent to Pebble / Stanford for analysis.

Pwp can’t install watchface and apps (misfit, compass), while with Pebble time manager (wp) and android app pebble time I can install quietly

Rehban said:
@"Greg Banta" Updated to 3.8.2 without a hitch, thanks for the update!

I also checked if health would work, and it does - once the setup is completed with the official pebble app (in my case on Android), it can be used as a standalone app.
So if there's any way for you to do the setup through PWP the app may actually be used, though I guess the data won't be sent to Pebble / Stanford for analysis.

Great! Thanks for the information. I have been so busy trying to get all the various versions of the firmware to load I simply haven't had time to play with Pebble Health. If things slow down I will see if there is a way I can add some functionality for Pebble Health to PWP.

Rodolfo said:
Pwp can't install watchface and apps (misfit, compass), while with Pebble time manager (wp) and android app pebble time I can install quietly

Apps like Misfit that use a background worker process and JavaScript will not work with PWP at this time. I maybe able to get the background worker process to install in the future but I am not sure it will matter if I can't get the JavaScript to work as well.

Yes, the Official Pebble Time app can do silent installs of watch faces/apps in the background but PWP currently cannot do that. PWP does not run in the background and does not have access to the Pebble locker so this is a problem. PWP will only know about the watch faces/apps it installs. It won't know about watch faces/apps you install from Android or IOS.

PWP does have a way to remove all the watch faces/app on the Pebble in the "Remove App" section. There is a button at the bottom called "Remove All Pebble Apps". If you click that it will tell the Pebble to clear he app database on the watch and remove any existing watch faces/apps. Then if you install only with PWP, the apps listed in the Remove section will be accurate.

Pebble Time Manager" per Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b5812f06-72fd-41a9-bed4-0990bda978d5 this app installed app (misfit and compass), Your app doesn t installed app with new version

@Rodolfo - I am sorry Pebble Watch Pro cannot currently install those apps. Maybe in a next version I can get them working.

@Greg Banta Any chance of support for the Health app information somewhere? Is there anything on Windows Phone that could use that information?

@Christopher Snowhill - I would like to eventually provide support for it. Since it is mostly built into the firmware it would probably be the best one to go with of all the Pebble fitness options.

At this point I am not sure if the protocol information for that feature is available somewhere. Sniffing Bluetooth packets takes a long time to figure out what is actually being transferred. I would think if I could get the data out it may be nice to send it to the Microsoft Health app but even Excel would work.