Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

Latest update for Pebble Watch Pro...

I just submitted a new version of Pebble Watch Pro to the Windows App Store. Normally it takes 2 to 5 days to get approved.

This version contains only bug fixes. Specifically it includes fixes for Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel users running the 3.8.x firmware. When you download a Pebble app or Pebble watch face from the official Pebble App Store, if the package contains a 3.8.x version of the app it will install that on the Pebble. If it does not have a 3.8.x version of the app but does have a 2.x.x version of the app it will attempt to install that. Not all 2.x.x watch faces and apps will install or run correctly on the 3.8.x firmware so you may run into some issues. This does fix the problem with installing the Misfit app on the Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel running the 3..8.x firmware.

Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel users running the 2.x.x firmware will still only be able to install watch faces and apps made for the 2.x.x firmware.

Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round users will still only be able to install the version of the app made specifically for their watches.

There were some minor bug fixes for all Pebbles which probably will not be noticeable.

Also, I uploaded the 3.9.1 firmware for all the Pebble watch versions. It is available to download now in PWP.

Hopefully this does it for now with Pebble Watch Pro and I can get back to working on a Pebble notifications app.

Thank you for your support!

Hello Greg,
I uninstalled pwp and pebble connect and I made a new clean install.
Now it runs on Windows 10 as work on 8.1.
Thank you

Great work, Greg! We all support you…

One question. How do I install watchfaces? :D I taped on "Pebble Store Watch Faces" chose what I liked and then (nothing in my case;)) what to do?

Thank anyone for the help

matis said:
One question. How do I install watchfaces? :D I taped on "Pebble Store Watch Faces" chose what I liked and then (nothing in my case;)) what to do?

Thank anyone for the help

When you get to the watch face you want to install, tap the "GET" button. Sometimes it takes a few taps. If you are not seeing the "GET" button, the web browser on your phone is probably in desktop mode. You will only see the "GET" button when your browser is in mobile mode.

After you successfully hit the "GET" button, Pebble Watch Pro should launch and take you to the app install screen with a button to "Install Pebble Store App". Tap that and it will download the watch face and take you to the install screen.

If this does now work, let me know and I will try to provide further help....

THANKS a lot! “problem” was browser in desktop mode.

Greg, does the Pebble Notifications (or a.k.a Pebble Connect Beta maybe) app support the Pebble Time running 2.9.1?

Dang Anh Duc said:
Greg, does the Pebble Notifications (or a.k.a Pebble Connect Beta maybe) app support the Pebble Time running 2.9.1?

No. The Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round can only run the 3.x.x firmware. Pebble never created any version of the 2.x.x firmware for those watches. My goal is to get a notifications app created that can work with the 3.x.x firmware.

Thanks for the answer, and I hope there will be a notifications app soon! It’s great to see your enthusiasm for developing a perfect companion app for Pebble smartwatches!
Best regards from Vietnam,
Duc

… and I think it’s better to support sorting music by albums! Your app lacks that.

Dang Anh Duc said:
... and I think it's better to support sorting music by albums! Your app lacks that.

I agree! The problem is that in order to make PWP's user interface fast, every page is active at all times. PWP manages this by hiding and showing the visible pages without needing to reload the data in that particular view each time. So I was limited with how much memory I could use for various features.

Most people probably have less than 20 playlists and less than 30 genres. If you have a large collection of music on your phone (2000 songs) and each song is from a different album then you would potentially have 2000 albums that would have to load at startup and would be loaded in memory all the time.

I know there could be options for paging through results but I have not had time to work on that. It could be argued the same for sorting by artist. I understand your point!

@Greg Banta said:
The new version of PWP has been approved and is in the store!

Hi! I know this may seem like a strange question but can you make a version for windows 8/windows 10 tablets? or even better a “windows universal” version? I want to be able to use my tablet with a pebble.
I want to be able to send windows notifications specifically incoming voip calls to a pebble.

Yes the tablet will have linux on it, and libpebble has me covered.
So if I can get it to work under windows I will be completely covered.
Does your app work with the new round pebble?

man of linux said:
Does your app work with the new round pebble?

Yes!

@man of Linux - Since over 80% of PWP users are on WP8.1 my immediate goal is to get a WP8.1 notifications app out. I would then upgrade that app to a W10m app. I so far have not thought about making that app compatible with non-phone W10 devices but I may once I get to that point. I understand the concept of a universal app but I not sure how many people would use that device versus their phone.

As Dang Anh Duc said. Yes! Pebble Watch Pro currently works with every type of Pebble watch and every firmware version for every Pebble.

@“Greg Banta” how’s the progress of making the notifications app?

Progress is slow because of the updates to Pebble Watch Pro needed to support the 3.8.x/3.9.x firmware for the Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel. I hope to get back to the new app this coming weekend. Since I have a full time software development job and a side business, I only get time to work on the app on the weekends. I think I have all the known bugs with PWP taken care of so now I can turn my attention to the notifications app. It will probably be several weekends before I have anything to report but I will update this forum when I have any news.

Don’t feel like you need to apologize, man. You’re awesome for doing this! :slight_smile:

hi everybody,

first sorry for my bad english.

I read all the post cause i have a 950XL and i buy this app.
the pairing fits well, the test for CALL SMS etc… works too , but i have nothing on my pebble time steell watch when i receive an sms or call.

I have :

• delete ex one two time and pairing again = no change
  • delete the apps ands install it again = n o change
  • reset the watch = no change too :frowning:

Can you help me ?

ps: it’s the pro version i buy …

Hi EL-Manu,
there is not YET support for sms or call notifications

Grrrr, i don’t want to sell my pebble cause i bought an windowsphone !
Too bad :frowning: