Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

Has anyone been successful in getting PTM working on a Pebble Time Round?

Not yet. I thought for sure that I’d be able to make it happen, but I’m getting the same error as everyone else. PWP is working well. Would be awesome if Greg could add that functionalityand let us side load.

@matthew
I see there is a more up-to-date version - pebbletimemanager_20160413.appx - on the http://ptm.meusesoft.com site. I’ve installed and whilst there seems to be progress, the connection button still doesn’t connect. The strange thing is, some actions connect and disconnect (e.g. clearing the timeline) but when the ‘Connect’ button is pressed, the status just show connecting, there is no bluetooth icon in the notification bar of the phone and that’s where it stays. Still work in progress, it appears.

Andy said:
@matthew
I see there is a more up-to-date version - pebbletimemanager_20160413.appx - on the http://ptm.meusesoft.com site. I've installed and whilst there seems to be progress, the connection button still doesn't connect. The strange thing is, some actions connect and disconnect (e.g. clearing the timeline) but when the 'Connect' button is pressed, the status just show connecting, there is no bluetooth icon in the notification bar of the phone and that's where it stays. Still work in progress, it appears.

I just tried this version - I also could not get it to Connect. I've reverted to 20160327 as I have that working.

I cant get Pebble Time Manager to work, all versions crash when I enable notifications. Any help would be great

NovaG said:
I cant get Pebble Time Manager to work, all versions crash when I enable notifications. Any help would be great

I find when I first set it up and enable notifications it will crash but as soon as I go back in all is well and it works (with the caveat in my earlier post)

I think it might be working now touch wood, but it literally took me fifty attempts trying all versions pressing all buttons until something worked.

oh that’s great apps you have developed for windows…find the best pebble watch apps for all kinds of users.

Babin said:
oh that's great apps you have developed for windows...find the best pebble watch apps for all kinds of users.

Not a lot of point in suggesting apps that don't work with Windows phone on a thread about Windows phone.

Hey guys,
I just bought my Pebble Steel and can’t make it work with my lumia 830. Tried various firmwares of pebble and various versions of PTM. on 20160124 phone was able to connect with pebble, but connections was ending after like 15 seconds. on 20160327 a i have similar problem like @Rehban.
@Ian
Can You tell me what version of w10m are you curently on? I’m at 10586.218, so maybe this is a problem…

Thx for reply!
How about PTM version and your pebble fw?
Will try anything to make them connect but don’t want to downgrade to 8.1 yet.

PTM is 20160327, firmware is 3.11.1 on a Pebble Steel. Phone is a Lumia 950xl

Hi All!
I have a Pebble Time, and have recently moved from Android to Windows Phone. I followed much the same trail as much of you; moving through despair, to searching, to hope, to stumbling across Pebble Time Manager. However I am having difficulty sideloading, even after reading all your stories.
My problem:
I am trying to sideload onto a Lumia 640 LTE, running Windows 10.
From hunting through the SDK, I have found that the Windows Phone Application Deployment tool is for 8.1 only, and that the way to do it for Windows 10 is through another; namely WinAppDeployCmd.exe
However whenever I try to load it on, I get a failure:
error 0x800B0100: The app bundle must be digitally signed for signature validation.
What am I doing wrong here? Has the latest version of PTM not been signed? (I downloaded 20160413). Was it never signed to begin with? Do I need to somehow sideload with a command to ignore the digital signature? Is it different for W10 phones?
Any assistance would be much appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks very much
Richard

EDIT: Ignore my ignorant ass :stuck_out_tongue: I had originally been trying the Application Deployment app, and it was failing with an error. This is why I went on the hunt for a different method for W10 phones. I was just sitting there clicking and re-clicking the ‘deploy’ button, and it finally worked.

As I understand it Windows will only allow an app from the manufacturer to make it to the store. As PTM is not from Pebble it has to be sideloaded.

Also for clarity Windows Phone Application Deployment tool for 8.1 works perfectly on Windows 10.

@Ian who told clarity Windows Phone Application Deployment tool for 8.1 works perfectly on Windows 10 don't post unnecessarily without knowing anything

Babin said:
@Ian who told clarity Windows Phone Application Deployment tool for 8.1 works perfectly on Windows 10 don't post unnecessarily without knowing anything

Thank you for your post.

I have tested Windows Phone Application Deployment tool for 8.1 on a number of versions of Windows 10 and so am confident of the post I made.

I would also ask you not to send inappropriate and offensive private posts to me.

Thanks again for reply @Ian.
Updated to 10586.242. Still was the same problem so i factory reset my phone. Now I am able to connect (yay) but when i try to turn on Notifications in PTM error occurs saying Notifications Access Denied :confused: Tried resseting the phone couple of times but without succes. Also there is no apps in the list. Maybe I should factory reset again?

When I first started trying to get it all working I tried all sorts - it was more by chance than design that I succeeded. You only see apps in the list in PTM if you add them from the store. I have not found many that appear to work with my watch, but there are some.

Ian said:
You only see apps in the list in PTM if you add them from the store. I have not found many that appear to work with my watch, but there are some.
I wanted to say about apps to turn on notifications from them :)
I'll reset again. Lets hope it will help.