Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App


#1322

@Pros3k I could only get the connection working properly using version 20160124 of PTM. It doesn’t need to stay connected, as it will connect on demand to send a notification to your pebble.

About your problem with turning on notifications: it was fixed for me after a hard reset (full factory reset of the phone), and I think the problem was that I installed PTM before the phone’s system apps were fully updated. I suggest, if you do decide to reset, that you try to let the store do all updates (Gadgets app etc.), reboot, and only then sideload PTM. Good luck! :smile:


#1323
Rehban said:
@Pros3k I could only get the connection working properly using version 20160124 of PTM. It doesn't need to stay connected, as it will connect on demand to send a notification to your pebble.

About your problem with turning on notifications: it was fixed for me after a hard reset (full factory reset of the phone), and I think the problem was that I installed PTM before the phone's system apps were fully updated. I suggest, if you do decide to reset, that you try to let the store do all updates (Gadgets app etc.), reboot, and only then sideload PTM. Good luck! :smile:
Thanks a lot. For the first time i intalled PTM before the updates, as you said.
Now waiting for phone to reset and will wait for the apps to update as you sugested. Let's hope it will help.
Thanks again for informations. WIll give you info about success (or not) soon :blush:

/Edit/
Hey guys!
It worked!! Finally got my first notifications on Pebble :blush: thanks everyone for help!.
To clarify I'm on Lumia 830 with 10586.218, using PTM 20160327 and Pebble Steel with 3.11.1 FW.
Pebble associated with PTM without any problem. Got weather and calendar info in timeline :)
I hope it won't fail to work soon :smile:

#1324
Pros3k said:
/Edit/
Hey guys!
It worked!! Finally got my first notifications on Pebble :blush: thanks everyone for help!.
To clarify I'm on Lumia 830 with 10586.218, using PTM 20160327 and Pebble Steel with 3.11.1 FW.
Pebble associated with PTM without any problem. Got weather and calendar info in timeline :)
I hope it won't fail to work soon :smile:

Once you have it working, in my experience it keeps working until you do an update to your phone. Then you have to re-install PTM and go through steps to make it work again.

#1325

This thread had gotten so confusing. What is even happening now?

Have people gotten notifications from their windows phones to their pebbles?


#1326
Travis Walker said:
This thread had gotten so confusing. What is even happening now?

Have people gotten notifications from their windows phones to their pebbles?

There is a lot going on!

The original Microsoft app, Pebble Notifications, can be found, it is no longer available from MS. This works in the background but only with earlier versions of the watch firmware.

Pebble Watch Pro (PWP) is available and works but only when it is in the foreground on your phone. Greg (the author of PWP) is working on a version that will work in the background.

Pebble Time Manager (PTM) is available in the Windows store but that doesn't work in the background. If you go to the developer's site you can download a version that does work in the background. This version has to be 'sideloaded' to your phone. Once installed you have to 'play around' to get it working properly. Different things seem to work for different people, I posted my experience earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps.

#1327
Anyone using Pebble Time Manager that has any advice for the current build of the "website" version? I finally got it to the point of installing watchfaces, and the timeline works well enough, but when I try the notifications all I get is "connecting".

I am trying to avoid a hard reset if possible as I am testing a different app for my husband.

#1328
Polychrome said:
Anyone using Pebble Time Manager that has any advice for the current build of the "website" version? I finally got it to the point of installing watchfaces, and the timeline works well enough, but when I try the notifications all I get is "connecting".

I am trying to avoid a hard reset if possible as I am testing a different app for my husband.

I didn't manage to get that version working and so reverted to 20160327.

#1329

None of the 3 most recently mentioned versions worked I’m afraid.


One thing I will say that I think may be related… The app isn’t showing in the notification permissions area, even though it asked for them. I finally did the hard reset thinking it was a glitch, and there’s no change.


#1330

Hi,

can somebody tell me please how I get earlier versions of PTM, on the meusesoft homepage there is only the version of April, which doesn’t work,

thanks in advance.


#1331
StephanR said:
Hi,

can somebody tell me please how I get earlier versions of PTM, on the meusesoft homepage there is only the version of April, which doesn't work,

thanks in advance.

If you have somewhere I can upload to - I have 20160124 and 20160327

#1332
StephanR said:
Hi,

can somebody tell me please how I get earlier versions of PTM, on the meusesoft homepage there is only the version of April, which doesn't work,

thanks in advance.
You can download it directly form meusesoft site:
http://ptm.meusesoft.com/files/pebbletimemanager_20160327.appx
http://ptm.meusesoft.com/files/pebbletimemanager_20160124.appx

#1333

That’ll be easier!


#1334

My phone did an update today, now on to 10586.318. As always I had to reinstall PTM. Took a time to get syncing this time. The key seems to be turning notifications on and off a couple of times.


#1335

All, Lumia 630 cant access the Microsoft store to get the new version of PWP (error 805a8011) so.. can some provide the correct URL ( I have tried) so I can copy this into my current version of PWP and download from there. The only other option is to reset my phone I believe Many Thanks in advance Russ


#1336

This one; https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/pebble-watch-pro/9wzdncrdkbjf


#1337

Ian, forgive me, but I'm not understanding something. You say you have to turn notifications on/off, sync, resync, restart, etc to get PTM working, but what isn't clear is whether you're getting the Background Communication Task error. Do you get this error multiple times as you try, or does something else happen? I still can't get *ANY* version of this app to work, regardless of restarts, reboots, resyncs, reinstalls, turning it off/on, etc. I even hard reset my phone, with no change whatsoever. I don't even know how to tell if I'm getting close, or even if there's a way to tell.

The only thing I can seemingly do is disable the app in the background, and that'll let me use the watchface/app store. So I can sync my calendar and install watchfaces. That's about it.

I did get contacted by the dev and he asked for screenshots, so I hope that info helps him figure it out.


#1338

I’m not getting any errors, just nothing seems to sync until I’ve been through the stages I have posted. It maybe that I’m impatient and if I waited longer…!

When you say you can disable the app in the background - how?


#1339

The errors are pretty immediate, so they’d be hard to miss. At least I know I’m not going crazy now.

And you can disable the app in the background by going to settings -> privacy -> background apps. For what it’s worth, if I turn this off, the app just sits there doing nothing if I try to connect like this.


#1340
Ian said:
This one; https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/apps/pebble-watch-pro/9wzdncrdkbjf

TVM trying this now

#1341

Please help me how to create appx file from the downloaded .zip from meusesoft?