Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

Kunos Imre said:
Please help me how to create appx file from the downloaded .zip from meusesoft?

You will kick yourself - you just change the extension from zip to appx (Took me a little while to work it out :-))

Hi please can someone help me? I bought the Pro App, but I am connected with the watch only if I have the app open. If I put it on background the watch disconnects from the phone. It connects if I open the app….Have a Pebble round and Microsoft Lumia 950XL with WIN10. Or should i put away the watches than they cant work with this phone?

Thanks

supra66 said:
Hi please can someone help me? I bought the Pro App, but I am connected with the watch only if I have the app open. If I put it on background the watch disconnects from the phone. It connects if I open the app….Have a Pebble round and Microsoft Lumia 950XL with WIN10. Or should i put away the watches than they cant work with this phone?

Thanks

Hi - when you say the Pro app - I assume you mean Pebble Watch Pro. If that is the case then it only works in the foreground - the developer is working on a version that works in the background but I don't know when that will be ready.
If you want something to work in the background then Pebble Time Manager downloaded from the developer's site does that. (The one from the Windows store only works in the foreground). If you read through this thread will see.

@“Greg Banta” I see there is anew firmware, 3.12, are you planning to add it to Pebble Watch Pro?

Ian said:
@"Greg Banta" I see there is anew firmware, 3.12, are you planning to add it to Pebble Watch Pro?

Yes I will! See the next message. :-)

I have just uploaded the latest firmware. Firmware 3.12.1 for Pebble Classic (V2/V3) and Pebble Steel. Firmware 3.12.0 for Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round.

The latest firmware is available to install from Pebble Watch Pro. If anybody has a problem with them, let me know.

Greg Banta said:

I have just uploaded the latest firmware. Firmware 3.12.1 for Pebble Classic (V2/V3) and Pebble Steel. Firmware 3.12.0 for Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round.

The latest firmware is available to install from Pebble Watch Pro. If anybody has a problem with them, let me know.

Thank you. Installed and working.

Oooh, thanks Greg. Time to play with it!

Is there a way to control music playing on your phone when using PTM? I know it can be done with PWP but at them moment I’m not regularly using PWP due to the background/foreground issue.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong with my Pebble Time. I have lumia 925 with Win 10M (10586.318) and Pebble 3.12.

I sideloaded PTM (20160424) and successfully connected to device, BUT after really short time Pebble gets disconnected. Pressing connect on app doesn’t do anything.

I tried to install march version of app and app says that I’m connected, but Pebble that I’m not.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Maybe nothing. I believe it only connects when it needs to. Are you getting notifications?

Yep, they working now. I turned them off and next on and magically I now getting my notifications.

I’m currently using 20160327 version, because on April version I always getting disconnected (in log window) and phone cannot connect to pebble (association and re-sync only works). I can’t even change watchfaces on that version.

Thanks, I have installed 3.12 it and it Workshop fine.

Oops. The auto correction worked well.
:wink:
It works fine!
:slight_smile:

Interesting. 327 worked well for me and I could get watch faces. It occasionally lost the timeline and very few apps would run.
I’m now experimenting with a later version.

@Greg_Banta Any news on PWP development?

No news at this point. Development is going very slow. Very hard to get things reliably working on various Pebbles.

@Greg_Banta You’re the man, man. Thanks for sticking with it despite the variables!

Thanks for getting back to me. If you need any testing on a Pebble Steel - happy to help.

Pebble Notification

Hey Greg, what are your thoughts on that Pebble Core thingie?