Windows Phone 8 - Pebble App

I backed all three devices, both new Pebble watches and the Pebble Core. There is no way to test firmware updates with out the physical watches. Having bricked two Pebbles in the past trying to make sure the firmware updates worked correctly I need to add them to the collection.

Since the Pebble Core is running Android and it can connect to a Pebble watch it is more like a phone than a watch. Especially since it can use a sim card and do 3g data. I am very interested to see what I can do with it. I can’t wait to see how you set it up and configure it. I assume all configuration will have to be done from a phone since it does not have a screen.

The new Pebble watches should be a challenge. I thought I saw in the Reddit AMA that they will run firmware 4.x and only communicate using Bluetooth LE. 4.0.

This is very different from the way the existing Pebbles communicate. They use Bluetooth 3.x with SPP protocol. The watches paired with an IOS device can use LE for alerts but not things like updating watch faces or firmware updates.

It will definitely be a new challenge to get all three devices to work with Windows Phones.

Good news, I suppose

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mkeallison/status/740846483310792704?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Firmware 3.13.0 has been uploaded for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. All are available to install from Pebble Watch Pro. This version of firmware looks like it is not available for the Pebble Classic and the Pebble Steel.

Firmware 3.14.0 has been uploaded for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. All are available to install from Pebble Watch Pro. This version of firmware looks like it is not available for the Pebble Classic and the Pebble Steel.

Any update on the app? @Greg_Banta

@Ian6 - Unfortunately no update yet. I am still working on the new app and will continue doing so but my time is still very constrained. Currently working on it about 8 hours a week.

PTM 10 is looking good. Downloadable from the store and appears to have background notifications implemented.

A new version of Pebble Watch Pro has been finally approved by Microsoft. This one took a couple of weeks. It provides support for the 4.0.0 firmware for the for the Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel and Pebble Time Round. There were a couple of things that needed to be changed to make PWP work correctly with the new firmware. The new firmware is now available to be downloaded for the newer Pebbles. There is no support for the 4.x.x firmware on the older Pebble Classic and Pebble Steel.

Pebble Watch Pro will not work at all with the Pebble 2 and Pebble Time 2 as they only work with Bluetooth 4.0 LE which is a different technology than PWP uses.

@Greg_Banta, I’ve loaded the version from the store. I am getting calendar events and the weather. I am also getting my Twitter feed. Unfortunately I am not getting notification of emails. If I use the test in the app a notification comes through but when en email arrives and shows in the notification area, it does not come through to the watch.
Any ideas?

@Ian6 - Unfortunately, Pebble Watch Pro (PWP) was written for Windows Phone 8 and is limited to what was allowed at that time. Which did not include running in the background or providing notifications for incoming phone calls, SMS, emails or Cortana. It can provide notifications for your calendar appointments, twitter, network, battery and weather alerts if you set them up in PWP.

There are a couple of other developers that have Pebble apps in the store that can provide the real-time updates.

In the Pebble Watch pro version v3.12.1, I Can no longer browse watch faces or the peddle apps the next tab is greyed out

We are dead :frowning:

Hi Ian,

If you are talking about the development for Windows phone, no not yet. I’m still committed. Please follow this link: :wink:

Kind Regards
Ehad

It may be possible due to the text message intercepting. Cause sometimes it doesn’t allow other apps to work or pop notification just because of this. If you are facing this problem and looking for better app then the current one. You can try Cocospy that will not block your notification.